Top 5 Best Baby Carriers For Plus Size Mom & Dads
Short on time? We understand. Check out this quick overview of our favorite baby carriers for plus-size moms and dads.
- Baby K’tan Original Baby Wrap Carrier
- KeaBabies Sling Carrier
- 360 Ergobaby Carrier
- You + Me 4-in-1 Ergonomic Baby Carrier
- LILLEbaby Complete All Seasons Baby Carrier
What’s A Baby Carrier Made For A Plus Size Person (Are They Made Different)?
A baby carrier for a plus size person is very similar to a carrier for a petite person. There are a few differences such as adjustable straps, when there are straps. Plus size carriers are simply designed for bigger built bodies.
In some cases the material is more durable and stretchy so it can be used by both mom and dad. A plus size carrier isn’t going to affect how your baby fits so much as how the carrier fits you.
How To Stay Comfortable When Using A Carrier?
Comfort for you and your little one is an essential aspect of a baby carrier. Padding is going to be a big plus, as well as, proper support for you and the baby.
When choosing a baby carrier it’s important to look into the comfort aspects. The levels of required comfort will vary from person to person as our bodies are different.
Make sure you choose a carrier that suits your needs. You might need more shoulder support while another person requires more comfort in the lumbar region.
Assess your body and its needs and then do your research to find what’s best for you. Padding, material, stretchiness, and things of that nature all play a role in your comfort.
Read Also:What are the top baby carriers for dads?
Are There Different Types of Carriers Made For Plus Size People?
There are several different types of baby carriers made for plus size people. Let’s take a look.
- Baby Wraps: This type of carrier wraps around the parent creating a little nook to carry your little one. The material is usually cotton or a cotton spandex blend.
- Wrapless Baby Wraps: These work just like baby wraps minus the wrapping. Simply pull it over your head like a shirt.
- Buckles & Belts: This type of baby carrier will have straps, buckles, and belts fitting similarly to a backpack.
With each type of carrier there will be various styles.
What To Look For A Baby Carrier For A Plus Size Person?
It’s pretty simple. Security, durability, comfort, and adjustable sizing. You want something that is going to be safe for both you and your baby.
Adjustable sizing is nice because you might lose weight or gain a little, not to mention, if it is a unisex carrier it is nice to be able to adjust to both the mom and dad body.
Any Safety Concerns To Know About?
Baby carrier safety is extremely important. All parents want their kids to be safe regardless of what is going on. When it comes to a baby carrier there are few things to watch for concerning the baby’s safety.
- Always check the straps or nooks that secure your baby. Little ones grow like weeds and from one day to the next there might be adjustments that need to be made in order to keep them safe.
- Triple check the harness area to be sure your baby is snug but not too snug.
- Sometimes babies can develop a rash or something similar to rug burn from the material so always check the areas of your baby’s body to be sure they are safe.
- Some people fear their baby could fall out of the carrier which is a valid concern. In order to ensure their safety make sure they are secure in all ways.